Vincennes Riverfront Pavilion
Name of event____________________________________
Date of event _________________ Arrival________ Departure________
Group/organization name __________________________
Phone number (s) _________________________________
1) Reservations for the Vincennes Riverfront Pavilion must be made through the Mayor’s office. Events at the Pavilion must be approved by the City Board of Works before the Mayor’s office staff will reserve the date and time. The Board of Works meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 5 p.m. and the rental permission must be requested to be placed on the agenda by noon the Wednesday prior to the meeting. Call 882-7285.
2) For events that are not open to the public and will last 6 hours or more (full day), there is a $200.00 rental fee with an additional $250.00 refundable damage deposit. For events lasting less than 6 hours (1/2 day) the fee is $100.00 with a $150.00 refundable damage deposit. All checks should be made payable to the City of Vincennes. Rental fees and damage deposits are due no less than 30 days before the event or at the time of Board of Works approval if the event is within than 30 days.
3) A Certificate of Liability Insurance, with the City of Vincennes listed as additional insured, with a minimum of $1 Million ($1,000,000.00) in coverage, must be presented to the Mayor’s office 30 days prior to the event for the approval of the City’s insurance carrier.
4) The Board of Works reserves the right to refuse use of the Pavilion at their discretion.
5) All trash is the responsibility of the person or organization using the facility. Trash must be removed from the Pavilion at the end of the event and disposed of properly.
6) Smoke effects, explosives, or pyrotechnics/fireworks are not permitted in the building.
7) Nothing may be attached to any part of the facility that would leave permanent damage such as nails or pins
8) Protected candles or oil lamps are permitted, however open fires (fire pit or chimineas) are strictly prohibited.
9) The garden and grounds of the Old State Bank are not included in the Pavilion rental. To request use of those facilities, contact the State Historic Sites Office at 1-812-882-7472.
10) Any permits or licenses necessary for the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages are the responsibility of the person or group reserving the Pavilion.
11) Inspection of the Pavilion will be done at 7:30 a.m. the day following the event. The damage deposit will be returned provided that the Pavilion and rest rooms are left in a clean and undamaged condition. If the picnic tables are moved for the event, they must be returned to the original location by the person, group or organization that is using the Pavilion.
12) If the condition of the Pavilion is such that the damage deposit will not be returned, the renter will be notified, by letter, of the reason why such action was taken.
13) The Pavilion is to be vacated by the stated departure time. Please allow time for cleanup. If departure time exceeds more than 30 minutes, the damage deposit will be forfeited.
14) If city staff is called out for assistance in any event other than a true emergency, before 7 a.m. or after 4 p.m. by any person, group or organization, a $50.00 per hour fee will be charged with a $50.00 minimum.
15) The city stage is not available for private use and must have the Mayor’s office written permission for use in any public event.
The undersigned, either individually or as an authorized representative of a group or organization does hereby acknowledge that he/she has read the above agreement and hereby agrees to the terms of said agreement.
Printed name ______________________________
Date event approved by Board of Works _______________________